Managing Instructor-VirtualJump down to apply
Blue-X Virtual provides turnkey solutions for schools across the country to provide virtual learning options for students in classical and alternative formats.
The Managing Instructor will review, develop, and monitor curriculum needs for students in order to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. The Instructional Coordinator works with instructional teams and students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society. They provide leadership and ensure an engaging and rigorous education for all students.
Education/Certification: Must meet all of the following:
- Any State Teacher’s Certification in at least one of four content areas: math, science, English/Language Arts, or Social Studies
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a focus on the content area
- Documented successful, relevant work experience in the content area to be taught, established by at least three years of employment in a specific field or occupation that required the educator to demonstrate knowledge or skill in the content area.
Additional, preferred experience to be considered:
- Experienced designing and delivering instruction through virtual/online instruction
- Experience in curriculum design teams and/or graduate work in instructional design
- Business experience, particularly in the areas of sustainable change and marketing
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSAs), and Dispositions:
- Passion for student success
- Strong knowledge of the instructional academic content
- Ability to model virtue, teach virtue through the curriculum, and cultivate habits of virtue in students
- Understanding of virtual education
- Ability to learn and implement classical teaching curricula and methods
- Ability to analyze data and adjust instruction according to the needs of students
- Understanding of application of state standards
- Ability to understand the academic needs of students
- Strong organizational, time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate with all levels of students, their parents, the community, peers, campus administration, superintendents, instructional team, and corporate staff
- Ability to interpret policy, procedures, and student data such as diagnostic test results, state assessments scoring, and grade point average
- Growth mindset with willingness to be flexible and adapt to rapid change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Ability to travel as necessary (i.e. field trips, class trips, trainings, etc.)
- Computer literacy
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare effective lessons, instruct, and motivate students in all course study utilizing classical traditional methods of instruction.
- Administer assessments as required to evaluate student progress
- Provide academic interventions for struggling students.
- Maintain student grades and student-parent communication via the school’s online grading and communication tool.
- Maintain expectations for digital citizenship in the online classroom.
- Maintain an online classroom that is conducive to learning, safe, attractive, and stimulates a spirit of inquiry.
- Participate in required faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences and teacher training workshops.
- Work closely with Special Education and 504 staff to ensure accommodations are implemented.
- Actively participate in marketing and student recruiting activities as necessary.
- Perform special projects, during and after school hours (after school hours may include, but are not limited to, tutoring, summer school, and enrichment activities..
- Read and comply with the RES Employee Handbook, the RES Student-Parent Handbook, the Founders Classical Academy Campus Handbook, and other RES-Founders manuals and procedures documents.
- Maintain certification requirements for the state certifying agency(ies), including professional development, license renewal, or other requirements according to each state.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
All equipment required to perform duties and tasks were previously described.
Physical / Environmental Factors:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary Range: Starting at $60,000 (actual salary commensurate with experience)
Shift Type: Full-Time, 231 days/year